Riverview Animal Hospital4668 133rd St Chippewa Falls, WI 54729
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions/answers that we are frequently asked.
If you have additional questions that aren't covered here, please feel free to give us a call at (715)861-5535.
- What are the Hospital hours?
Our hospital is open Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. On Tuesdays we stay open late until 7:00 PM. The clinic is closed on Saturday and Sunday.
- Do I need to have an appointment?
Yes, patients are seen by appointment.
- What forms of payment do you accept?
Cash, Check, Credit Card, and Care Credit
- Can I make payments?
Payment is required at the time of service.
- At what age can I have my pet spayed or neutered?
Spaying or neutering can be done at approximately 6 months of age. Your pet is given an exam prior to surgery to help determine whether your pet is healthy enough to undergo the surgical procedure. Current vaccinations are required at the time of surgery. Also a pre-anesthetic blood screen is recommended prior to undergoing anesthesia and surgery.
- What is the pre-anesthetic blood screening?
This is a blood test that is run prior to surgery. It tests the organ functions, blood counts and clotting function of your pet. The pre-anesthetic blood screening is done to assure safety during surgery and the ability to heal following surgery.
- How long do the sutures stay in after my pet's surgery?
Procedures involving sutures may require them to be removed in 10-14 days following the surgery.
- Is it a good idea to let my pet have at least one litter?
No, there is no advantage to letting your pet have one litter. However there are plenty of advantages to having you pet spayed or neutered. These advantages include decreasing the chances of breast tumors later in life, decreasing the chance of cystic ovaries and uterine infections later in life, decreasing the desire to roam the neighborhood, decreasing the incidence of prostate cancer later in life, helping prevent spraying and marking, and also decreases the surplus of unwanted puppies and kittens.
- Do you board pets?
No, we do not staff here on weekends.
- Do you require anything for grooming patients?
- We require proof of a current Rabies vaccine. If your pet is overdue, we can administer the vaccine here.